At 10:01 PM 7/22/99 , you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just susbscribed to this list tonight. I am hoping to find some help
>for my mother who just began to take Sinemet for advancing symptoms of
>Parkinson's. Is there anything that can be done for the nausea effect of
>this medication. Thanks for any replies. M. Potter

Welcome.  You'll find lots of good information here, and perhaps you'll
enjoy a bit of our silliness as well.

Others will probably be better able to help you than I, especially those
who share the problem with your mother.  But I've seen guidelines on this
before.

1.  Take the Sinemet half an hour or so before meals for the greatest
effect, but take it with meals to minimize the  nausea.

2.  Increase the dose in steps.  "Titrate" is the word they use for
increasing the dosage gradually so your body can get used to new medications.

That should be good for a start until our "heavy hitters" answer you.

Art