hi all

first, a barometric flashback:

Date:         Thu, 27 May 1999 03:19:20 -0400
Subject:      a barometer, maybe

hi all

a couple of years ago
i discovered the goldmine which is pubmed
a source of over 9,000,000 published medical studies/abstracts

if i did a general search way back when
for "parkinson"-related abstracts added in the prior "30 days",
i usually found 30 - 40 - 50 abstracts

yesterday i found 143

this is not a one-shot deal
it is part of a trend which has been getting 'worse' each month

over the next little while
i will post a few of those abstracts which caught my eye
for my usual reasons:
1. in order to share them with you
and
2. in order to get them into our archives

eventually, and gradually,
i plan on posting the ones i find most interesting
[and which may pertain to recent cyber-"threads"]
in the "medical abstracts" section of
the "my PIEnet words" section of
my web site "a new voice"

in the meantime
keep your eyeballs peeled

JAnet of PIEnet

and now back to the present:

i searched again in pubmed using 'parkinson' 'last 30 days'
as the criteria and this time *** 178 *** citations were found
the highest number yet!!!

i've posted a partial citation summary listing separately
i will post some of the actual abstracts [if available]
of the articles cited during the coming weeks

in the meantime if you want to read the abstract
go to the pubmed wwweb site
and use the PMID number as your search criteria

a lot of these seem to be from one journal
ADVANCES IN NEUROLOGY
ISSN: 0091-3952
[maybe published in time for the big conference in vancouver this weekend?]

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>