Marilyn---can't answer the drug question, but have you ever tried having
him take Metamucil (or its generic form)  for the diarrhea?  It works for
me to control chronic diarrhea caused by radition therapy nearly 9 years
ago.  Ask his doc--but I take LESS water and MORE powder than would be used
for constipation,  twice a day.  Just have to be sure not to get too much
and block action completely.  He could start with say a tablespoon in about
6oz. water, and see if it makes a difference--probably morning AND evening.
His doc should know about this--I was told by my gastroenterologist to use
it.

A couple of years ago Peter got paranoid in a similar way from adding
Mirapex(then the NEW drug) to his schedule W ITHOUT reducing his Sinemet.
Does that suggest anything? The clinical trials of Mirapex found that
Sinemet should be reduced by 1/3.........our first neuro wouldn't listen
when I told him that, and P. spent 3 wretched days in hospital, being
delusional.   P. now takes a small dose of Requip, along with Seroquel  and
does well on that.  So sorry to hear of the trouble you are both
having......

Marilyn wrote in part:
>It's been the month of Hell. First Claude's (62yrs old, diagn. 23 years ago)
>hallucinations became paranoid delusional to the point where he would call
>police, roam outside at night, accuse me of all sorts of misbehavior.
SNIPPED

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "