On Sun 25 Jul, Camilla Flintermann wrote:
> Dear Marcia--- I feel I must modify Jim's comment below about cutting the
> Sinemet   as I believe you said it ia a 50/200 CR pill.  There is some
> disagreement about the advisability of cutting the Controlled Release type,
> as that defeats  the purpose of the CR feature, at least in part....AND
> BESIDES it is NOT necessary---the neuro can prescribe the CR in 25/100
> strength, so it is a "half dose" without cutting it !.

I hope you won't mind a gentle correction, Camilla, but if you have read my
email to Marcia, you will see that:
   The CR tablet gives 200 mg over a period of 4 hours,
   The 25/100 tablet gives 100 mg over a period of 2 hours.

By my definition, those two are giving the same dose, but the CR tablet
lasts twice as long.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>