Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list.  My name is Sarah and I'm 22 years old.  I
have questions concerning my grandmother.  She is 79 years old and very
bad off.  She is not yet in a wheelchair or bed-ridden but I don't know
for how much longer.  My grandfather refuses most help offered him and
he does his best to take care of her.  He's no spring chicken either.
He is still kicking though at 80, but I worry about him.  My grandmother
probably doesn't have very much longer to live.  My grandfather's life
now revolves around my grandmother.  Her medications, when she should
eat, what she should eat, when she should sleep.  He never gets much
sleep himself and leaving the house is a luxury for him.  I'm worried
that when she goes he won't be far behind although he is very healthy,
minus of course the old age.  Also, I would like to know what to expect
for my grandmother.  I know that Parkinson's won't kill her.  But it
sometimes makes me feel like it is.  I want to know how I can make
things more comfortable for her.  I want to help out my grandfather
without him feeling like I'm imposing.  It's a 6 hour drive to see my
grandparents and I can't see them often but I try my best.  Please tell
me how I can help both of them.  I'm trying to get as much information
on Parkinson's as possible so any information at all will help.

I'm sorry if this is rather depressing, but I don't know where else to
go.  My family is very involved but it's always the same.  I would like
to hear from others who are dealing with Parkinson's as patients as well
as family members.

Sarah Doubt

"...a rose by any other word would smell as sweet..."
                                         William Shakespeare