From: B. BRUCE ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, July 22, 1999 10:46 AM
Subject: Laser pointers.

Has anyone heard of using these devices for aiding PWP who have
bradykensia [freezing]?  A very short article in the August issue
of Popular Science Magazine, of all places, describes their use by
doctors at the University of Rochester's Strong Memorial Hospital,
and makes the statement that, "It's not often that a debilitating
symptom affecting as many as 150,000 patients might be alleviated
by a cheap, readily available fix."

I would like to try one but these laser pointers come in various
colors and range from real cheap to real  expensive.  And the
article does not describe exactly how it  would be used to stop
freezing.  Does anyone know anyone at this hospital so you could
make an inquiry?

Thanks

Bruce A. (53,5)
Schooley's Mtn., NJ