Marilyn:  I know your situation is pushing the limits, and I don't presume to
know
much, but under the circumstances , I wanted to throw out one idea perhaps
that
has been overlooked?  Is there any possibility of gradually, carefully,
eliminating as
many drugs as possible and try to find a baseline level again where there may
be
improvement and he will return to you mentally?  Even if his mobility is
sacrificed,
my husband and I have always wanted to stay away from drugs and their level
that
might take HIM away from me and reality.  With his strength of mind, and
courage
of heart he is best able to combat the physical limitations.   It sounds to
me like
your husbands system is crying out from too much interference?  Perhaps....?
                 My prayers will be with you -  I truly do know what you are
experiencing
and whatever the outcome may you find peace in your heart.........
                                                    marie   carepartner
husband 70/l3