From: carolmtn <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DRUG SPECIFICATIONS
Date: Monday, July 19, 1999 1:05 AM

To Nigel:

My name is Carol Walton and I am a member of the Parkinson Alliance
Executive Committee--I am usually silent on the listserv but I am catching
up on e-mail having just returned from the East--I was told by one of the
drug companies that there can be at 20% difference --plus or minus--when
different companies make generic drugs--therefore you could be taking a
brand name drug--switch to a generic and have a 40% difference--some
companies and now trying to set a standard since this can be devastating
especially with Parkinsons medications--I hope some others answer you also
since I am not an expert in any way shape or form--but I hope this helps
and
you might run this by your pharmacist--good luck--carol walton