Fellow-Listmembers:
   Perhaps you remember my posts to the list members several months ago,

asking for you people of the writing persuasion to view an art exhibit
on the web and then to write down your thoughts and send them to us for
possible inclusion in a book of writings (poems, prose, etc.) by PWP's,
caregivers & friends of PWP's to be illustrated w/ the art from the
exhibit. We have been very gratified by the response.
        After lots of hard work, a friend & I were able to put together
a first draft and send it off to Margaret Tuchman in New Jersey, to give
to her husband, who has a contact in thepublishing world. Once again, we
were overwhelmingly gratified by the response to our work.
         Then, I teamed up with my friend, the talented Dennis Greene &
within
2 weeks time the final draft of the book was renamed, reworked,
reformatted & happily for us, seemed to ebb & flow with a certain
serendipity-pieces worked and fit!
      I have already begun the task of notifying the authors whose work
will be included  & also requesting autobiographical  materials (this
job is far from complete). We hope to have the final draft of the book
ready by the end of August.
        The purpose of this posting is 2 fold:
1) With an enrollment of 1800, we thought this to be the perfect place
beat the drum (so to speak) and to find out if there are any of you out
there who are perhaps in the publishing world or with contacts to that
world. Ifyou have any information that might get us pushed in the right
direction,
would you please contact me off-list.
        2) In our quest to find just the right material for our book, we

have been amazed at the propensity of PWP's to write in depth their
feelings and emotions (when God slams a door-He opens a window). We are
aware of several other similar altho quite different projects in the
works at present.  One is a book project by Barbara Blake-Krebs and
Linda Herman.  They also expect to have a final draft by the end of
August, and would welcome help in finding the right publisher.  Watch
for a separate posting from Barbara and Linda soon.

The subject of a series of books has been brought up. We all like this
idea but at this point in time, Dennis & I cannot sign on to do a
series...or
even the next in a series.  However, if someone is interested in this
idea,
please contact me off list & let me know your thoughts about such a
project. It's the toughest job you'll ever love (to paraphrase the Peace
Corps motto)! Your prayers for the success of our project would be
greatly appreciated! Sincerely,
                                      Joan Snyder, Dennis Greene,
Margaret Tuchman
--