Clare,
I had a case of sciatica that was so painful that I ended up in a wheelchair
for about six months, and I eventually had back surgery--which relieved the
sciatica, per se, but left  me  with equally painful hip pain (hang
on--there's a positive outcome to all of this).  I tried anti-inflammatory
meds (the latest and best of them), pain meds, acupuncture, standard physical
therapy, Felkdenkreis massage and I, too, had 3 epidurals---which gave me a
little relief for a little while.  The thing that finally worked for me in
relieving most of my post-surgical hip pain is a substance called glucosamine
chondroitin sulfate, known simply as glucosamine.  You can get it over the
counter at any pharmacy.  I see the hip pain and the sciatica as directly
related, and both of them related to my terrible posture--which includes a
pronounced tendency to the right.  And I see all of this as severely
exacerbated, by, if not caused by my dear PD.  I mean that I probably set the
stage for this through a lifetime of twisting and contorting my back playing
tennis and other sports.  But likewise,
  10 years of bent over posture, and a couple of years of constant twisting
and turning, thanks to my pre-Pallidotomy dyskinesia--both of these being
integral parts of my PD,        I cannot escape the conclusion that my PD has
contributed quite heavily to my back problems.  The glucosamine as
recommended to me by a PD nurse whom I trust to always give me wise, informed
advice and to tell it like it is.  She had seen a friend of hers with a story
that was similar        to mine--in fact far more years of intractable pain
with nothing working until the glucosamine.  Glucosamine is meant to relieve
muscular inflammation, which is just what the doctor ordered.  By the way,
sciatica is often a garbage pail diagnosis, in that it describes a pattern of
symptoms and pain, but it says mouthing about the cause of the pain.  Back
problems can manifest themselves in a myriad of different ways--sciatica is
one of them, and this is why I think that my relief from my hip pain is
relevant to your sciatica.  Good luck.
Marty Polonsky