Dear Cynthia,

> I ended up in the hospital Sunday
> to have my gall bladder taken out!   Dr's said I needed
> a low fat diet but didn't tell me what I could or couldn't eat. I know a lot
> of you have to deal with diets....even though I'm not PD can you help me?

Your doctor should refer you to a registered dietitian who can view your
medical history, lab reports, and other important information, then
determine an eating plan individualized for your personal needs.

Usually, although a low-fat diet is needed at first, people gradually
adapt to gall bladder removal, and begin to eat normally.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/