Yes, my mother has been taking liquid Sinemet for 3 years and it worked much
better than popping the pills.

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (57/43/38)

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Renee Marton
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 1999 12:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Food & Drugs Interaction Brochure

Hi Hans,
How are things going?  I would appreciate it if you would send me a copy of
that drug and food intereaction report.  Please send to Renee Marton, 50
Morton Street,New YOrk, New YOrk, 10014.  Thanks.  I haven't done any
research on mucuna pruriens as of yet.  One interesting thing, however:  my
mother way a new
neuro, who changed her meds as follows, and based on a couple of days of
trial, she seems better:  she switched from Sinemet 25/100 to 25/250 and
doubled her dose of Vitamin C.  The total daily amount of pills is liquefied
with 1 liter of water,
and she takes 2 ounces every hour from 8AM until midnight.  She says that
she
has more energy over the whole period, and less dyskenysia from the Sinemet.
The one draw back so far is that the peak period of functioning which would
arrive
after one hour of side effects when taking the old Sinemet no longer "peaks"
at quite the same high level.  But the wearing off is much more level and
slower.
Of course, the treatment requires carrying a flask or small bottles around
if
one is to go out.  Have you heard of this?  Hope all is well. Renee Marton