hi all

At 09:32 1999/07/30 -0700, bob wrote, in part:
>Neuroleptics are dangerous drugs.  They have some uses in
>severe psychosis, but not in other conditions...

in my digging through the net for info on this
[and thanks to carole for that excellent link to the virtual hospital]
i rarely see mention of parkinson's disease

are the 'standard' pd meds considered neuroleptics?
or are neuroleptics exclusively used for other [psychosis] conditions?

would tasmar [tolcapone] be considered a neuroleptic?

or is the tasmar warning connecting too fast med withdrawal
with a potential risk for NMS
thus quite unusual?

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>