Hello List members,
I feel that I must re-introduce myself since I am usually silent to this
list.  Both my parents have PD.  Mom was diagnosed about 20 years ago.  Dad
was about 5 years ago.  We live in different cities.  They are in the
midwest and I am in New England.

They currently are living in an assisted living facility, and two of my
siblings live nearby so they have a fair amount of independence, but also
are safe and have care.

I am visiting them right now and I see a problem and wonder if there is a
solution.  Mom has a very difficult time making her voice loud enough to be
heard.  She gets upset and embarrassed because people can't understand her
and she keeps repeating as loudly and clearly as she can, but it is still
difficult for people to hear her.  Not always, but sometimes.

Is there some sort of device out there that she could wear that would make
her heard?  I went to a medical supply shop and he said they had no such
thing, but I should try Radio Shack and look for some sort of microphone
with perhaps a portable speaker.  Does anyone have any experience with
this?  If something appropriate exists, I want to get it for my mom.  Any
ideas would be very much appreciated.

-- Sharon Switzer
daughter of Pearl, 81/20 and Erv, 78/5.