Sharon asked:
>Is there some sort of device out there that she could wear that would make
>her heard?  I went to a medical supply shop and he said they had no such
>thing, but I should try Radio Shack and look for some sort of microphone
>with perhaps a portable speaker.  Does anyone have any experience with
>this?  If something appropriate exists, I want to get it for my mom.  Any
>ideas would be very much appreciated.
>
>-- Sharon Switzer
>daughter of Pearl, 81/20 and Erv, 78/5.

I have a catalog called Communication Aids for Children & Adults, from the
Crestwood Company, Ph: (414)352-5678,  6625 N. Sidney Place, Milwaukee,WI,
53209-3259, USA

It lists a "Talking Crespeaker" which is portable.  In this 1996 catalog it
cost $225.00.

You might check it out?

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "