hi all

At 21:16 1999/07/30 -0600, kathrynne wrote:
>Janet --
>I've set my mail to cc myself whenever I send out a post -- and I'm
>getting back TWO cc's from Parkinsn suddenly. This has just started in
>the past few days. Am I somehow double-subscribed? However, I only get
>one copy each of listmembers' posts. (Much head-scratching) Any
>thoughts?
>Best,
>Kathrynne

aha
i think i know exactly what's going on here

you have been away, no?
i set everyone's subscription options to REPRO
so that they would receive copies of their own postings
from listserv so that they could see them as actually posted
[recommended by listserv]
and be aware of multi-part messages, unnecessary duplications, etc

so you are actually receiving two slightly different copies of your own postings
one as it left your computer
and the other
as it came back to you from listserv after being processed

if you compare the duplicates,
you should see that the headers are slightly different

i actually have the same arrangement
[but i intended it!]

if this is not the case i.e. REPRO
let me know
and i'll eat crow
and get out my detective gear once mo

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>