hi Clare,

You wrote:

> Your 'lessons' are so well articulated, and graphic, and
> describe exactly my own trepidations if I should attempt
> a trip cross-country this year to attend a class reunion.

I can well understand your trepidation but i would say go to your reunion.
The 'wheelchair assisted' facility works. It could work a lot better but it
works.  And although i was treated thoughtlessly on many occassions i was
never in any danger. Even such potentialy frustrating and uncomfortable
events as being left far from toilets and refreshments can be minimised with
a little thought on your part.  if you know that you are going to have to
wait a bit for your next flight work out where you want to wait and tell the
person assisting you BEFORE you get to where they want to leave you.    It
took me a while to work that one out.

Remember also that although most of the response to my post has concentrated
on the negatives, I also encountered thoughtful, caring helpers.

Have a good reunion,

Dennis