>  Like Lilly, going for an
> indication to use Prozac for weight control with very questionable data.  The
> FDA denied them.

Dear Charlie:

I just read that a Federal court just ruled that pharmaceutical
companies may provide copies of studies of drugs used for non-approved
therapy to the medical profession.
This will create quite a mess as I am sure that there are many
unscrupulous doctors ot there who are willing to use any approved drugs
to any ends they wish.  I remember some time ago when a doctor
prescribed chloramphenicol to treat a cold; the patient died from a
fatal type of anemia.
According to the news item, the ruling just came out and the FDA has not
yet decided whether or not they will appeal.
Keep up the good work Charlie!

Michel Margosis