One day Mr. Jones went to have a talk with the minister at the local church.
"Reverend," he said, "I have a problem, my wife keeps falling asleep during
your sermons. It's very embarrassing. What should I do?"

"I have an idea," said the minister. "Take this hatpin with you.  I will be
able to tell when Mrs. Jones is sleeping, and I will motion to you at
specific times. When I motion, you give her a good poke in the leg."

In church the following Sunday, Mrs. Jones dozed off.  Noticing this, the
preacher put his plan to work. "And who made the ultimate sacrifice for
you?" he said, nodding to Mr.Jones.

"Jesus!", Mrs. Jones cried as her husband jabbed her in the leg with the
pin.

"Yes, you are right, Mrs. Jones," said the minister.

Soon, Mrs. Jones nodded off again. Again, the minister noticed. "Who is your
redeemer?" he asked the congregation, motioning towards Mr. Jones.

"God!" Mrs. Jones cried out as she was stuck again with the hatpin.

"Right again," said the minister, smiling.

Before long, Mrs. Jones again winked off. However, this time the minister
did not notice. As he picked up the tempo of his sermon, he made a few
motions that Mr. Jones mistook as signals to bayonet his wife with the
hatpin again.

The minister asked, "And what did Eve say to Adam after she bore him his
99th son?"

Mr. Jones poked his wife, who yelled, "You stick that damned thing in me one
more time and I'll break it in half and shove it up your ass!"

"Amen," replied the congregation.