"Jacqueline D. Richardson" wrote:

> Hi, I've been reading the digests for a few days now and thought I would do an intro since I'm going to have many questions to ask.
>
> During the past two years, my 49 y/o husband saw a general practitioner,
snip
> Anyway, his neuro doc had him take 1 Sinemet 25/100 twice a day for 3 weeks. There wasn't any improvement so the doc had him doubled it for ten days. There was a slight improvement in his stride, but the arm still just hung there. Last week the doc added two more 25/100 Sinemet's at noon time for a total of 6 a day. The stride is better but the arm still hangs. Also, since the addition of these last two pills he has had occasional uncontrollable twitching/jerking of his left hand/arm and also had a brief (few minutes) spell of light headedness and sweating. I am going to e-mail the doc these latest developments and see if I can talk to him myself because my husband doesn't ask any questions or offer a whole lot of info when he talks to the doctor.

the doubling of dose should have been taking the pills at six times
about 2.5 hours apart. this is because the half life is about an hour
and a half. they should not be taken with meals. please consider asking
the doctor about this recommendation to give more optimum dosage.

--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter