Hi, my name is Erika.
I am a non Parkensonian looking to get a better understanding/more information.
Our brother-in-law (55), of whom we are very fond, is in a fairly advanced stage of PD.
Over the last half year or so, he has had mild episodes of paranoia, which have now aggrevated to a stage where he is afraid to eat, because he thinks that his food has been tampered with to harm him. He feels at times that people are colluding against him. He has lost a frightful lot of weight. It also means that it is very difficult for him to trust his close family, his doctor etc.

My question is: Is this a "normal" symptom of the disease in some parkensonians, or can it be brought about by the medication?
If it is likely to be the medication, does anyone have experience with a particular medication being worse than other producing paranoia?
Hoping that there are people out there willing to share their experience of paranoia.
                                  With thanks in advance,
                                                               Erika.