Hi all from Erika,
    Just to clarify .......I am not my bro.-in-law's caregiver. We live about 1 1/2 hours drive away from him. We are however in phone contact with him and we visit him occasionally.
    It helped me a lot, to hear that the paranoia is not a direct consequence of the disease, but rather of the medication.
 I see my role as a supportive listener/friend. I hesitate to give him the impression that I wish to "meddle" or "mother" or involve myself, unbidden, in his treatment.  It is however important to me, to gain as much factual knowledge about the condition as possible. It seems to me that Parkinsons is much misunderstood by those not directly involved. Fear can be the worst foe.
Thank you so much for your time and effort in sharing your knowledge.  I may be able to  to pass  on
the information to those closer involved with his medication.
                                                    Erika.
P.S. When I read the e-mails, I have this weird feeling, that this dreadful and frustrating condition called PD, is yet
                a generator of a great deal of patience, kindness and love.