We are looking for someone to teach a half-course in academic writing
(ACWR 301) in Winnipeg this fall for the University of Calgary's cohort
of students enrolled there in our Bachelor of Communication Studies
degree. If you're interested--or potentially interested--in teaching
this course, please let me know and forward (via e-mail or fax) me a
copy of your cv by Monday, August 23. If you know someone who might be
interested, please pass on this message.

The ACWR course is to be offered in a somewhat compressed version,
likely involving some Saturdays and perhaps some evenings. (The schedule
may be somewhat negotiable.) Students in the ACWR course will also be
taking a community development course in Winnipeg this fall, and
ideally, the ACWR course will be designed to forge some links with that
course, if timing allows. For example, the readings package for the
Community Development course could be the basis for some of the ACWR
assignments and there may be other sorts of overlap in the assignments.
Assignments for the course may include summaries, article reviews or
critiques, journal entries, proposals, and a formal research paper. If
the schedules of students and the intructor permit, the ACWR course
might also feature some individual writing consultations with students,
perhaps in place of some of the 30-36 hours typically scheduled for a U
of C half-course.

Remuneration for the course will be $3600 (for an M.A.-level instructor)
or $3800 (for a Ph.D.-level instructor)

Jo-Anne Andre
Director, Effective Writing Program
University of Calgary
SS 301, U of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta  T2N 1N4
phone (403) 220-7429
fax (403) 282-6716
e-mail  [log in to unmask]