Hi, group.  Last night about midnight, after our guests (who are both
retired) left, I had composed the absolutely perfect response to
yesterday's 'discussion'....then my system crashed and I lost it all.
So, here's my not-so-perfect attempt this morning (while waiting for meds &
coffee kick in).  So, here's my $0.02 (Canadian..which is roughly equal
to $0.015 US or $0.0198 Australian).

The 'brass tack' message that Janet posted was discussed by us both via
email and in person and agreed to it.  Now, these 'tacks' have been
around for a while so, if you've survived this long, you should be safe.

The attacks' on a member would not be debatable...they would be obvious.
When our absent member replied to Carole's message off-list, it was mild
compared to what he did to members before he left' the list.  Each time
some members of the list posted a message, it was immediately followed by
a sarcastic comment by him either on or off list. It was so bad that some
of his victims have never posted a message since.  I could never
understand what happened with him to change him from the person who wrote
absolutely wonderful, witty things to someone who wrote only angry &
sarcastic messages.  When he posted his good-bye' message, I was sad &
angry & relieved.  When I saw that he had not unsubscribed, I deleted
him.  I could be wrong about the sequence of events at that time, but
that's how I remember it.

Any and all discussion about use of the Parkinsn list is welcomed.  I
know I would not be interested in a list that discussed nothing but
medications and surgeries...nor would I be interested in a list with ONLY
or even MOSTLY humour.  This list was created so we could learn and teach
and support each other while we battle pd.  The precise balance of humour
and information has about 1800 definitions which vary daily.  It will
NEVER satisfy all of the people all of the time.

More on defining what the list is later this morning but please be
assured that we are taking everyone's viewpoint seriously...and,
Kathryn...no one in their right mind would ignore Charlie...:) Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing