Janet writes:

"definition of the word 'attack' is in the hands of the 'attackee'
if i feel like i've been attacked
i have been attacked
period"

Janet:

     I fear that these strong words may scare many from contributing.  Indeed
they could be perceived as an "attack" on the entire population.  If I, for
example, attempted to sell some perceived snake oil to the members of this list,
and you challenged my intentions, that may or not be in good faith, could your
challenge be considered an attack?  Could this reply to your post be considered
an attack?

     As caregiver for my mother, this list has been very valuable to me.  I
delete many posts based solely on subject. I know that I am at risk of missing
something but I feel that if the discussion is valuable, it will be repeated.

     I agree that we should never attack anyone personally, but, what scares me
is that many contributors may take an attack on their content as a personal
attack on them.  Then the list owner makes a decision based on a one sided
perception to ban us from the list.  This list is great.  We have serious
discussion, some humor, sometimes a little flaming, but most of all, it is a
functional, healthy information base that resembles ANY group of humans.  Please
don't further divide this list into us users and those that can make us former
users.  Like another contributer just wrote, you and I have also exchanged
"attacks" that would have banned both from this list under this strict criteria.

E W Raasch

CG for Mom 78/13