hi all

At 23:23 1999/07/31 -0600, connie wrote:
>dear janet
>my jack is taking sinemet cr   50/200  three times aday and
>selegiline 55mg tab marked generic for eldepryl .he has been taking 1/2
>tablet in morning and also 1/2 tablet at noon.he hates going to doctors
>and is just seeing internist when he needs refill. he is abit slower
>but doesn't seem to have his hand shake unless he gets upset.jack is 78
>and was diagnosed about 4 years ago.does this sound like par for the
>course? sometimes he sounds hoarse .from what i have been reading on list
>it looks like we have been lucky.
>sincerely
>connie

hi connie

your jack sounds like he is having
a pretty 'average' progression with pd

he may be benefitting from the 'neuroprotective' effect attributed to
selegiline; i believe that i am too, in that progress seems slow

having symptoms 'show' more when under stress is normal

having voice problems can be one of the secondary symptoms of pd

i believe that other listmembers
could advise on strategies to improve jack's vocal abilities,
if, in fact, the hoarseness is due to pd

he should get it checked out, whether he hates to go or not!

he is probably in the so-called 'honeymoon years' with sinemet right now
and may eventually start noticing fluctuations in his med effectiveness
at which time some med adjusting and fine tuning will be called for

at that time the 'low-and-slow' and 'one-at-a-time' med titration advice
from this admitted non-medico may come in handy

does he or you belong to a support group?
maybe he could get involved in one while he's 'honeymooning'!!

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>