I sat here quietly opening, scanning and deleting since I joined this list a month or so ago.  I don't have a problem receiving hundreds of emails that I have no interest in.  It is worth anything to me to obtain information about Parkinson's Disease from people who understand.  I have asked a few questions, gotten a few answers and made some wonderful email pen pals in the process.  I haven't responded to what has been going on because I simply felt it was none of my business.

I have changed my position and decided to respond because I think a terrible precedent is being set.  The "uninvited email", that was sent to someone, (I am so confused that I don't even know who sent it or who received it)  being published to the list is very troubling.  I believe anyone who uses an email program has gotten unsolicited garbage at one time or another.  The experts will tell you to not reply and delete.  This makes total sense, since anything else simply reaffirms your address.  I understand that this was a very different case but someone got an un requested  email, made it public and debated it with anyone who chose to comment.  The problem that I have is I am now afraid to answer someone privately for fear of it  being published to the list.  All I can say is someone had a wonderful idea to bring people together with a "common cause".  I wish it could work.  The thought of people dropping out now is sad.

Mercedes