At 19:40 1999/08/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I think I have a problem.  When I last took amantidine the tablets were
>red!!  Now, while waiting for my new battery my Dr. prescribed amantidine
>again and I notice the pills have changed to yellow!!
>
>Did I get the right medicine?
>
>jjjane
>http://www.geocities.com/soho/village/6263/pienet/hithgang/hitjaner.html

hi jane

from the drug monograph i just reposted:

Symmetrel
Du Pont Pharma
Amantadine
HCl
Antiparkinson

Capsules: Each red, soft gelatin capsule contains: Amantadine HCl 100 mg. Also contains parabens. Alcohol-free, lactose-free, sodium-free, sulfite-free and tartrazine-free. Bottles of 100. Store at room temperature (15 to 30B0C).

did you get generic amantadine, or du pont pharma's brand symmetrel?

i suggest calling the pharmacist
especially if your prescription has not been chsnged

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>