Hi Brian!

Bo Johnels, the neurology-professor at my hospital, believes that
involuntary movements (paraphrased by me, I've forgotten the wording) is
the result of dopamine receptors detecting a decrease of dopamine
levels, cranking up their sensitivity to dopamine, and then producing
way too powerful signals to the muscles when dopamine comes into the system.

How about that as an explanation? It sounds believable to me...

/John.