At 10:12 2-8-99 -0400, Hilary Blue wrote:
.does anybody know anything about the possible use of a nicotine patch ?

Hilary

I tried nicotine patches in december 1996. The first that i used had an
amazing
effect. My diskinesia disappeared and when I wrote something my old
pre-morbid handwriting, that I lost for many years, reappeared. It was all
too nice to be true. I had two very good days, than the results diminished
and the fourth day
I stopped using them, because I no longer profitted from them. I feared the
symptoms would be back more strongly, but that did not happen.
I thought however I had found a method to use from time to time when for
some uusual reason it would be important not to have symptoms. But
restarting with the patch after a few weeks of abstinence did not have any
effect at all and also later trials did never give any results.
              Ida

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]