I believe, Clare, that both PD AND PD meds can cause
sleep disturbance. As can growing older, etc. Which is
why a somewhat sedating anti-depressant is often
prescribed at night in low doses. Helps you both sleep
and feel better in general. Most OTC sleeping pills,
Unisom for example, are primarily diphenhydramine,
which is Benadryl.         Carole H.