Carole, et al....

First, I'm NOT trying to belittle the pig, nor
those list members who've been posting pig
jokes and comments.   The following is NOT
meant as an attack on either pigs or people
who post here on the List about pigs.

However, YOU all have had your say about
pigs for several weeks, if not months, and
I FINALLY feel the need to share my own
opinion with my fellow  List-members (and
it's been pretty darn tough keeping my opinion
to myself on this subject 'cause I didn't want to
offend folks I like and respect who seem to
have gone whacko when it comes to PIGS.

With all due respect to those few List-members
who appear obsessed with pigs and things
porcine, IF it should somehow come to pass that
the pig - however cute and/or intelligent that
animal can be portrayed  - is adopted as an
"official" Parkinson's Disease mascot,  after
weeks of having to live with incessant pig jokes
and and other references to the pig I'D deny all
relationship to Parkinson's and claim to have
some other disease instead! (maybe terminal
ice cream eater's disease or something) <grin>

Frankly, I'm SOOOOO sick of the pig-related
posts - which keep being resurrected by the
same few List members after the topic appears
to die a natural death - that I could
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!

AGAIN  - This is NOT a personal attack on our
pig-obsessed List members, it's not meant as a
personal put-down, and it's not meant to hurt or
otherwise cause anyone here grievous personal pain .

It's just that I'm now bored to TEARS with the
multi-dozens of pig-related posts and their spin-offs.
All those pig-posts have driven me - a person who
USED to think the pig was kinda cute - to NOW I'm
thinking about trashing my copies of author
 E.B. White's classic, "Charlotte's Web," and "Babe."

Heck.... I've EVEN considered substituting BEEF
ribs instead of eating them yummy-smothered-
in-bar-b-q-sauce baby-back pork ribs.. <tho
haven't hit THAT stage quite yet.

Please, PLEASE..... GIMME A BREAK!   Surely
there HAS to be SOME other mascot that would
better represent those of us having this terrible
disease?  How about the mythical and heroic
Phoenix, the bird that is thrown into and consumed
by the flames yet arises from those flames whole
 and alive each and every time?

Finely... I'd appreciate if the pig-posters just take
this as my own opinion, and not start to clutter up the
List with the pros and cons of discussing  pigs
discussing pigs online.  Been there, done that....

Barb Mallut