hi all

At 11:43 1999/08/04 -0700, barb wrote, in part:
>Carole, et al....
>
>First, I'm NOT trying to belittle the pig, nor
>those list members who've been posting pig
>jokes and comments.   The following is NOT
>meant as an attack on either pigs or people
>who post here on the List about pigs...

unfortunately,
that's the way it comes across, at least to me, barb
but
whether we have a list kefuffle about pigs
or background screen colours
or 'splitting the list'
or snake oil
or 'humour'
or levis
or ....
in retrospect
it appears to me
that the cyber siblings complaining
about whatever the keffuffle of the day or week is
might just possibly be using their complaint
to 'vent' other frustrations
i have done it myself
there's nothing wrong with that at all

we do
what we can
with what we know at the time

the most significant
thing i've learned lately is
we cannot change the way others behave
we can only change the way we react to that behaviour

i have a choice as to whether i feel
[a] angry
[b] shocked
[c] dismayed
[d] delighted
[e] indifferent
in my response to your message

each one of us can make the same choice
about each one of our messages

to the tune of that cowboy theme ole whatziz name
hiyo silver and away:

deedeelete
deedeelete
deedeeletedeetdeet
deedeelete
deedeelete
deedeeletedeetdeet
etc etc

janet
mulling but humming mist-lom

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>