Friends--I can't count the number of times in the nearly 4 years I've been
on this list that the idea of splitting the list has been suggested and
roundly rejected........but since it has been broached:

Personally, I have no objection to a "PD humor list", but have you
considered who is going to "own"  it, as Barb P. owns PIEnet and Jeff and I
own CARE?  What listserv will house it?   Who will manage the day-to-day
problems that arise about people's subs,etc.?   And how many folks who read
and chuckle but never post a joke will be too busy to add another list to
their agenda?   While David Boots (former list member who himself
contributed a lot of humor)  wrote of "4 or 5" pig posters, I could count a
lot more people --surely a dozen or more--who have occasionally contributed
their insights and wit to that famous (INfamous?) saga or shared a ":funny"
that made them chuckle.
So, if you want to vote on a split, I have no objection, so long as
somebody can answer the questions I've raised, or volunteers to do the "dog
work" involved--can''t ask Barb P. to do it, that's for sure, and CARE is
job enough for me.

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.