For those of you new to the list, David Boots is a long-term highly
respected member of the PD community and he was once a substantial
contributor to the list.  Several years ago he left the list because, I
believe, he did not like the direction that it was taking.  This was his
form of protest.

Subsequently, he has been able to monitor the list without becoming a list
member through John Cottingham's web site.  He can reply to any of us
individually.  He can read what we say; but he cannot reply to the list
because he is not a listmember and clearly does not care to become a
listmember again.

Those of us who have been on the list for a long time remember David for
his poetry.  I had forgotten that he has an excellent web site at

http://www.sonic.net/%7Ebootst3k/

to which I commend you all.

We may not all agree with what David has to say, but to my mind David feels
that he has our best interests at heart.  He should be free to express them
any way he chooses.  Indeed, as long as they are in good taste, we should
welcome his suggestions.

Art