hi all

At 10:27 1999/08/05 -0500, charlie wrote, in part:
>I think that the main difference between us has to do with the
>conception of there being a bus driver or not....

i agree with you

>And intentions of that driver.  Yes there is a bus driver but
>IMHO she (Barb Patterson) has elected to allow us to drive the
>bus ourselves except in rare cases where an executive decision
>has to be made. This allows for wide latitude and certainly
>criticism of the process.  If I am wrong I would like to hear
>it from her...

action and inaction can speak as well as words
as you have suggested

the list structure has not been changed in four years
except for one small modification
which was reversed after a few months trial

this list structure is not a democracy
it is a form of hospitality

you may have interpreted my waxing eloquent
about the whole concept of e-mail and mailing lists
in a way that i did not intend

the democratic aspect of same is part of what appeals to me
by which i mean
no one can shout me down
no one can butt in
no one can heckle me
i can take the time to express myself as i want to be heard
i can have the time to express myself as i want to be heard
with one caveat
as long as i agree to behave by the house rules

maybe this aspect appeals more to women than to men
due to our societal role baggage

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
snail-mail: PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
website: a new voice <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>