On  6 Aug 99 at 14:20, Kathrynne Holden, MS,RD wrote:

> Janet, I think Version C is an improvement. However, it still states an
> absolute that may not be true for all:
>
> "Listmembers are here to share their vulnerabilities"
>
> Actually, I would think that information exchange (PIE = Parkinson
> Information Exchange) is the primary reason listmembers are here; some
> may not wish to share vulnerabilities at all.
>
> As for the first sentence,
>
> "If a member of this list persists in unwelcome and unsolicited
> communication involving personal attacks on another listmember,
> the offender's subscription may be subject to termination."
>
> -- if Barb, you and others feel it's necessary, so be it. To me, it
> seems be micromanaging. I much preferred the list run exactly as Barb
> has done from the start. Every list I belong to (and there are many) has
> all the same problems as this one, including scammers, spammers, flamers
> and quacks. They invariably cause unpleasantness and fill up mailboxes
> with a volume of responses. I don't think it's possible to avoid that,
> human nature being what it is. However, Barb has always dealt with
> isolated problems smoothly and well, and my personal preference would be
> to continue that without change. I feel that the nature and tone of the
> list is shifting in undesirable ways.
>
> My opinions are my own, however, and may not reflect those of the
> majority.
> Best regards,
> Kathrynne

Kathrynne, I'm in total agreement with the above and for the most
part I tend to agree with the moderates (Charlie, Judith, certainly
Dennis, you know who you are....). I don't have a problem at all with
anyone e-mailing me publicly or privately at any time and flogging me
for being even offbase. I do have a problem with absolutes.... murray