Dennis Greene wrote:

> And just to really confuse everyone - both systems  are already VHS (Beta
> went out years ago in the general market).  The problem lies in the fact
> that the US uses a different transmission system (H something something
> something - I forget its designation) to the PAL system used throughout
> most of the world.

The U. S. system is called NTSC (National Television Standards
Commission) and was the *first* color TV system in the world.  Japan
and most of Latin America also use NTSC.  PAL and SECAM are the
other two systems, and are used in different countries (for example,
PAL is used in England and former British colonies; and SECAM is
used in France and former French possessions).  It is a hodgepodge.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"