DOPAMINE!!  My fingers and my ISP don't delete real well.
Also, before I  anyone suggests that I set up a better way
of doing things, let them first consider sending one of their porky
systems administrators to work on my PC for free.  I'm a relatively sophisticated user,
but I don't have the time the expertise or the DOPAMINE to spend on getting rid of tons
of inconsiderate garbage.  It's about BALANCE and LIMITS and GROWNUPS, like the
school teacher said -- the sillyness quotient is over the top--it's dominating the list and is out
of
balance for, I dare say, the majority of people. Just as in primary and secondary school,
the conspicuous crowd always think they're the only ones that count.

I quote myself from a message I sent privately:

"...Most of us suffer in
             silence, while Pig talk and other kinds of chat have
             taken over. This list is not behaving as a cyber family; it's
             behaving like high school kids where there is a dominant
             "in crowd" who are conspicuous, loud, and often very
             inconsiderate.  Then when some silent sufferers come
             forward to complain, we have to hear their shrill
             griping about how it's a democracy, and the list is for
             everybody, and so on.  If it is for everyone, then we
             have a right to offer our feelings when it has gone too
             far in one direction, and has overwhelmed the rest of
             us--the list has lost it's balance--get it?

The operative words are balance and limits:  We've discussed it enough
(perseverating?).  Let's move on to what to do about it.

Why not have more than one list--a NonPD chat and humor list, and one all
about PD, i.e, meds, news, advocacy and so on.  If folks feel so strongely
that they need to chat and "PIG OUT" as much as they want, let them do it on
their own time--start another list, or send it privately.

CAM