                   AUSTRALIAN MEDICAL DISCOVERY IN THE RESEARCH OF

                                             PARKINSON'S DISEASE

Dr. Jasmine Henderson and her colleagues the neuropathology laboratory at
The Prince of Wales Medical Institute, have made a breakthrough discovery in
their research into Parkinson's disease. After of intensive research on
brain tissue donated by people who died with the disease they have
discovered a second region  of the brain that loses cells and chemistry
contributing to symptoms of Parkinson's.

Their results provide compelling evidence that the"caudal intralaminar
nuclei"; a brain region important in the control of movement and not
previously investigated, is a sight of early degeneration in the disease.

Such knowledge could positively influence the direction of future drug
therapy and treatment for Parkinson's disease.

Dr. Henderson will present her findings in a paper to be delivered at The
5th Multi Disciplinary Conference on Parkinson's disease held August 22nd
through to August 24th at Sydney's Sheraton On The Park, and coinciding with
Parkinson's Awareness  Week.

End of release

Since you've all had a "pig" of a week here is what we did to launch our
conference and start to generate some advance publicity.
See we not only have PAL but research.  Have been doing press and radio on
this release all week. Dr Henderson has done TV.
Thank god it's Friday and I can go home happy.
Chin chin to you all!
Peter Dawkins