Hi Don, White Hat reporting for duty!  I promise I will NOT use the "P" word!
 It is true, that even the funniest material can get old, if it is beaten to
death.  I can remember the days when everyone was talking about constipation
and diarrhea, death, misery, and some depressing things too!   But no one had
mentioned the "P" word yet, Parkinsaw was not yet incorporated,  Ivan had not
been on TV yet. EVEN THEN if someone tried to be humorous, there were some
folks who did not want to laugh, or maybe wanted to, but were too busy with
the depressing side of PD to take the time. Many times I was ready to sign
off the list, and I would get piles of email, asking me to stay and not to
listen to the "serious" folks.  I want to be a contributer and I get so much
pleasure from the list, I can't imagine signing off. Today I had 276 posts to
read when I got home,  I have 200 more to read.  At least 100 are some kind
of complaint!  Let's have a fresh start, and try to control what we post, so
no one feels overburdened trying to wade through?  We can't make everyone
happy, but there is no need to make anyone SAD!  I welcome humor off list, if
anyone is afraid to go public with it!  I can take criticism too, but if it
is just for me, don't send it to the whole list, unless someone else will
learn  from it........People even laugh at funerals, so let's lighten up
while we are still above ground! :-)  NOW I have some reading to do, if
you'll excuse me!
Ken "CAN be serious, but rather NOT!"