Hello Jackie,

>> In the two months since my husband was diagnosed he has gone from 2
Sinemet (25/100) to 6 per day. <<

Too much and too fast. IMO you should gradually go back to 2 Sinemet 25/100
per day.

>> He developed dyskinesia <<

Obviously caused by way too much Sinemet!!

>> doctor prescribed Backofen 10mg three times per day to counteract the
dyskinesia. <<

Baclofen is NOT capable of counteracting dyskinesias in PD!!

Baclofen is indicated against muscular spasms of spinal or cerebral origin.
This is NOT the case with levodopa-induced dyskinesias.

Baclofen-treatment can cause SERIOUS complications and has to be monitored
carefully.

Baclofen needs ALWAYS to be gradually titrated upwards (and also gradually
downwards if treatment should be stopped).  Special warning: PWP using
baclofen HAVE TO BE kept under strict and carefull monitoring by a competent
doctor, because baclofen can cause exacerbations of PD-symptoms.

Baclofen can also cause hypotension.
If the patient has a history of urine-retention, acute retention might
appear.
If the patient has a history of liverdisease or diabetes some
bloodparameters should be checked.

Stopping acute the use of baclofen can cause SERIOUS physical and
psychlogical effects, and needs to be done gradually under doctors guidance.

Interaction of baclofen with LEVODOPA can cause confusion, hallucinations,
headache, nausia and agitation.

CONCLUSION:
- This neuro is totally incompetent (in treating PD)!!!!
- You have to consult your GP ASAP to stop gradually the use of baclofen
under strict monitoring by him or another competent doctor.
- Done that you should gradually bring back the use of Siinemet.
- DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!

Take care,    Hans.