Dear Ivan and other list members
I have found a valuable new use for Ivan's video interview.
I showed it to my new social worker - the one who has been assigned to us to
see that we come up to muster, and if we dont, they take jessi away again.
Well up to now, I  have always tried t;o explain what it is like to have PD by
giving them some literature. This time I sat her down in front of the VCR. And
played Ivan's Tape.At the end of it, she ewas fighting back the tears. "I had
no idea", she said. Thank you so much for sharing this with me"
And thank you, Ivan, for showing someone, who didnt or wouldnt understand,
what it is like to have  PD - even if it only lasted one brief moment.Because
for that one brief moment, there was a tear in  her eye, and i think she
really empathised.
hilary