List members,

Yes, there has been a lot of traffic on this list but here are a
couple of hints.

1.  Most email programs allow you to sort the mail by subject.
To delete all messages with the same subject:
-----sort by subject
-----click on the first message with that subject
-----arrow down to the last message with that subject
-----hold down the Shift key and click on that last message
(that will highlight all messages from the first to the last you
marked)
-----click on the delete key or button or menu item for your
email program.  That should delete all marked messages at one
time.

1A.  Another option is to hold down the CTRL key and click on
each message you want to delete.  This will highlight messages
"out of order" but allows you to delete all highlighted messages
at once.

2.  If your email program does not allow sorting into various
mailboxes (folders) I would suggest Outlook Express.  It uses
your present email provider.  Its Inbox Assistant (found under
Tools but not Options) or file manager feature (depending on the
version) allows you to
have the emails sorted into separte folders ----- for example:

PD Pigs ---for messages with "pigs" in the subject line and TO:

PD Re: ---for messages  with "Re:" that are replies to previous
postings TO: PARKINSN

PD Non ---for messages with "Non" in the subject line and TO:
PARKINSN

PD News ---for messages with "News" in the subject line and TO:
PARKINSN

PD ---for messages with "PD" in the subject and TO: PARKINSN
(but not those with any of the above key words)

PD Other ---for messages that have non of the above key words
but were originally sent to [log in to unmask]

All other messages that do not fit one of the sort factors
remain in the Inbox.

You need to set the sorting priorities in the order I have
listed to get the best results.

Another hint --- under View/Layout/Basic be sure Folder List is
checked.

Another hint --- check the box to hang up after a Send/Receive
session.  That way you are sure Outlook has gotten all its
"housekeeping" done when it hangs up.

Sorting mail this way makes "list life" much easier.

As a new member to the list I can see how new members could be
overwhelmed and leave before they learn the benefits of being a
list member.  Due to the heavy volumn and a mail malfunction I
received over 800 messages in the 2 days after a 3 day vacation.
Over 800 of those messages were PARKINSN postings (and
duplicates).  Can also see
how long time members could get frustrated.

Paul Fahr