>  We don't know that anybody at the conference was fooled either. The
> reporters who covered the conference might have been impressed because
> they are probably not knowledgable about Parkinson drugs.

I remember attending a conference where a science reporter was honored
for his work.  I do not remeber his name, but what I recall is that
science reporters are not very common and a good one is fairly rare.
Science reporters are trained writing and journalism, and surprisingly
in the sciences, biology incl. biophysics, physiology, microbiol, ,
chemistry and sub-divisions thereof  incl. biochem, neurochem, organic,
molecular, phytochem, polymer, analytical, physical chem., , physics,
astronomy and astrophysics, etc., etc., etc.
They cannot possibly have all the knowledge required to be translated to
the lay public, but the non-technical science magazines and many trade
journals from the professional scientific organizations do a fair job of
doing just that.  Additional info should readily be available from the
cited references.

Michel Margosis
"Carpe Diem' whenever you can