Sharon wrote:

>One of the members of my support group has swallowing problems from time
>to time.  It can be anything from salvia to pills to "food".  Does anyone
>have a  helpful suggestion?.  Could this problem be caused by anxiety
>upon occasion?

Swallowing difficulty is a symptom of progressive PD.  If an individual is
having this difficulty it may be wise to report the symptom to the attending
physician.  A swallowing evaluation may be necessary to determine whether
the person is at risk for aspiration pneumonia, or whether swallowing
exercises (prescribed and over-seen by a therapist) may help to enhance
swallowing ability.
------
Regards
Mary Ann Ryan