Because the USA is quit puritan it will take a long time before marijuana is
legally available. In the Netherlands where I am from, the use of marijuana
for some diseases (like in MS, and possibly Tourette's syndrome) is legal.

By the way, it does surprise me that electrical stimulation of the
subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson's disease is still not wide spread
available in the US. As a neurologist living in Ghent, BELGIUM, I have now
experience with 50 Parkinson patients with this type of stimulation and the
results are really overwhelming; Much better than pallidotomy, which should
be stopped because of all the risks, side effects and poor results (see the
scientific literature) So for those who are lined up for pallidotomies in
the US and other countries, where STN stimulation is not available, think
about it before you have it done.

For additional info, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Chris van der Linden, M.D.
St. Lucas Hospital Ghent
Dept. of Neurology
Groene Briel 1