Hilary Blue wrote:

> My friend Anne has two questions:
> Does anybody have an opinion or any knowledge of the effects of Tai Chi on  pwps
>
> does anybody know anything about the possible use of a nicotine patch ?

Dear HB (a new nickname):

Just opinions, mind you!
Tai Chi - If Anne can maintain her balance, she should go for it; and
knowing Anne, I think she would.  It is great to learn to control all your muscles,
and
with this disease, it should be a great help.
Nicotine patch - From what I have read, it should make smoking an unpleasant
experience, but Anne does not smoke.  So...?  It had been reported that smoking
reduced the incidence of PD, it did not reverse the course once you are on it.
This would be akin to taking the polio shot after contracting polio(?).
Love to you and Anne

Michel Margosis