Dear Carole:

If you lived in the DC area, I'd discuss this with you by phone.
I worked as a research chemist at the FDA, and I DO NOT
understand a lot of the biomedical/biochemical jargon....
but, my philosophy is that I cannot see the whole forest;
I am just interested in one tree (my wife) and see to it that
while a cure is being worked on, I can make my wife's life
more bearable and more comfortable.
Of course, I seek to understand current available therapies,
but if I were to read all the relevant journals (there are so
many of them) I would not have time to write you this
little note of affection.
I still have other interests in my life (USHMM, PBS, Animal
shelter, genealogy, bridge, women[mmmh]), but this damn
PD has taken precedence. And I am confident that Stem Cell,
and/or gene therapy and/or transplant research WILL come
through.
Fondly,

Michel Margosis
'Carpe Diem'