Ivan

> Seriously, folks, is there ANYONE in Australia who can convert VHS to
> PAL?

> What is the cost?

Actually I answered this question in my first posting which raised the
subject. The videos can be converted - the cost, when last i checked was
AUS$45 -  50 (Forty five to Fifty Australian dollars).

And just to really confuse everyone - both systems  are already VHS (Beta
went out years ago in the general market).  The problem lies in the fact
that the US uses a different transmission system (H something something
something - I forget its designation) to the PAL system used throughout most
of the world.

And Bonnie

while we are on the subject a dual mode VCR is one that can play both PAL
and US mode tapes.

Finally in my last posting on this subject i took your  play on words that
equated PAL with pal (buddy) and played it further down the field by
equating it with pall  (pallidotomy).

Which i think explains everything this aussie was talking about.

Dennis

PS - no Ivan I'm not the man to become your downunder agent - I'm flat out
like a lizard drinking just keeping up with one or two projects of my own.

dg